Do you have a packed closet and nothing to wear…. except impulse buys you now regret? I have a simple Four Part Intervention to help you create a pared-down wardrobe of coordinating, enduring and great fitting pieces. Then, you’ll breeze by those unflattering markdowns.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the word Intervention, please! We’ll be working on this together for the next four weeks. One Part per week. Baby steps .
Part One: What’s Working?
You probably have a handful of go-to pieces you reach for when you want to look put together. Imagine having a rack full of them. This first step toward achieving that goal is to figure out what makes those favorites your favorites. Pull out five or more things you feel GREAT in and would wear every day if no one was keeping track. Now choose one thing in each category: tops, pants, jackets, skirts, dresses. Then, ask yourself a few questions about each piece. Note your answers so you can use them as your shopping guide later.
How would you describe the item? Crisp, tailored, soft, ruffly, etc.?
What image does it project? Smart, professional, edgy, fashionable, etc.?
What color is it? Does the shade brighten your complexion?
What fabric is it made of?
What is the silhouette like? Nipped at the waist? Flowing and hip-grazing?
What part(s) of your body does it accentuate?
What part(s) of you body does it de-emphasize?
Is it comfortable? The answer on this one should definitely be YES!!
Your answers reveal your style barometer. Use your notes to help pinpoint what you really like. You probably know much more about what works for you than you give yourself credit for! You may learn you prefer certain colors and shapes and begin to see a pattern! Think of it as nailing down your style essence or signature look. A style just for YOU.
Keep your eyes out for Part Two next week. Hint, hint… It’s Analyze Your Mistakes.
If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired of your wardrobe, I CHALLENGE YOU to take the baby steps outlined above. Steps toward ultimately looking great, saving $$ and simplifying your life!
Love and light!!
Pulled these from Nordstrom.com and wanted YOU to see them!
Remember… these are general choices and just because they make the list does NOT mean they are necessarily right for you. Choose those that work for you personally and leave the rest!
1. Blazer- Don’t relegate your blazer to 9-5. Throw it over a dress or wear it with jeans for unexpected weekend and night-out looks.
2. Button Down Shirt- A great choice for the office, the woven button-down doubles as an off-duty option for the weekend. You can even pop it on over tanks as a lightweight layer.
3. Cardigan- Your wardrobe workhorse. Throw a cute cardigan into your tote and you have a ready-to-go layer that works with practically every outfit.
4. Tee- Of course and my favorite! A classic for a reason- a perfect-fitting tee looks great on everyone. Pick one in a print or bright color to liven up your look.
5. Black Pants- Go with black pants, a crisp button-down and a cardigan for a classically polished trio. The pants also serve as the perfect backdrop for colorful blouses and tees.
6. Dark Wash Jeans- You can wear them just about anywhere, from casual Friday at the office to a night out on the town. Try them with sandals, flats and pumps.
7. Pencil Skirt- Designed with a lean silhouette that flatters almost any figure, the pencil skirt transitions seamlessly from work to play. You can even pair it with breezy sandals and a tee on the weekend.
8. Trench- A tailored trench is timeless and chic and it works with everything from an office-ready ensemble to jeans and a tee on the weekend.
9. Bra and Panties- Here are the fundamentals: at least 4 perfectly fitted, convertible or t-shirt bras. Black and nude. Smooth, seamless panties to match.
10. Crossbody Bag- The appealing, hands-free convenience of a crossbody bag is matched by the array of stylish silhouettes to choose from. From dainty minis to everyday satchels.
11. Classic Pump- The pump’s beautiful curves instantly elevate your style no matter where you are, be it the office or date night. Start with at least two pairs: black and nude.
12. Ballet Flats- More comfy than heels and more polished than sneakers, ballet flats go everywhere- from work to errands to dinner- without skipping a beat.
13. Tote Bag- The perfect tote possesses enough structure and poise to go from day to night with ease. Choose one that holds your daily essentials plus a few extras, like an umbrella, water bottle or cardigan.
These 13 picks would make a good packing list too!! Have fun girls!
We LOVE our kitten heels!Pinned: 19 Apr 2012
For you flowy skirt lovers!Pinned: 18 Apr 2012
Bridal jewelry at Nordstrom... sneek a peak!Pinned: 18 Apr 2012
Why Cleaning Out Your Closet Can Be OverwhelmingPinned: 18 Apr 2012
Add Sparkle to you Style and Shimmer to Your Social Networking at DAZZLE! May 4th in LAPinned: 17 Apr 2012
Do you know the colors that make you shine? Check this out!Pinned: 15 Apr 2012
Sassy, neutral and comfy!! WoohooPinned: 11 Apr 2012
The perfect shift dress for your body silhouette!Pinned: 30 Mar 2012
Things I've Been Accused of!Pinned: 30 Mar 2012
Flatter your Body Silhouette!Pinned: 30 Mar 2012